Happy Friday and greetings from San Jose! I'm typing this from a lovely hotel room at The Fairmont during the 10th annual BlogHer Conference. I'm having a terrific time meeting new bloggers, seeing friends and contacts I seldom get to see in person, brushing up on my super blogger skillz...
Basically, spending a few days finding out.... WHAT'S UP.
Oh yeah, I put a punchline in there. Who saw it coming? I'm pretty pleased with myself.
This edition is chock-full of awesome videos.
1. Alright, I'm gonna be honest, guys. I've read the 50 Shades trilogy. Twice. Once because everyone had been talking about it forever and I couldn't shrug off my curiosity any longer. And again because it's such easy, mindless reading and despite the complete absence of things like logic and sentence structure, they are good entertainment.
That said, I was kind of against the movie. How could it be made without being RIDICULOUS? Or super trashy and porny? And why was I giving this so much thought?
In any case, the trailer came out this week and... well... SOLD. I'm in. It looks promising. I can't help it. I'm going to see it.
Also, Beyonce's sexy remake of her own song, "Crazy in Love" is HOOOOOOTTTTTT.
Did you read the books? What do you think of the trailer?
2. So.... have you seen this? It's Chris Pratt. French braiding someone's hair. During an interview on "Entertainment Tonight." I die. Also, I love that he uses the word "scrunchy."
3. A friend of mine posted this on Facebook. It is a commercial from Thailand -- you do not need to speak Thai. It is beautiful. I completely lost it.
4. Jon Stewart is an evil genius. He's launching a Kickstarter (kind of) to buy CNN. I laughed so hard.
5. And this song. I am obsessed with it. It's so fantastic! It makes me wanna jump up and down, dance... and maybe twirl my hair a bit.
Have a nice weekend! And remember, 90210 fans, "DONNA MARTIN GRADUATES!"