All I care about right now is that it's HALLOWEEN TIME and I get to wear a costume and make-up this weekend and it will be GLORIOUS.
I love Halloween!
But there are a few things I saw on the internets this week that made me smile so before the "merriment of commencement commences" (name that movie), join me...
1. The Age of Ultron trailer is out and it. is. RIDICULOUS. Do you know how many times I saw The Avengers in theaters? FOUR TIMES. I did. I'm not gonna lie to you. I was going through a phase. I saw The Dark Knight Rises three times. My point is, the phase hath returned. And it has everything to do with creepy James Spader. His narrative in this trailer, you guys. It's eerily breathtaking.
Marvel had to release the trailer a little bit sooner than originally planned when it was leaked online. Don't worry, though. They had a sense of humor about it.
Dammit, Hydra.— Marvel Entertainment (@Marvel) October 22, 2014
2. And hell, since we're talking about comic book movies, the "Honest Trailer" for X-Men Days of Future Past is out and it is, as they all are, highly entertaining.
3. I can't remember where I read about this app but I thought it was a clever idea. Gratafy is an app that allows you to buy someone a drink -- without being in the room. Essentially, they are partnering with restaurants and bars so you can send a drink to someone. Is your friend having a birthday party you can't attend? Send a cocktail their way. They just show the app. I love it. I think it promotes good vibes. And cocktails. I love both of these things.
4. I've been on a water kick, as you may have noticed in the past month, so I very much appreciate this list from Buzzfeed, "13 Easy Ways to Drink More Water Every Day." Number eight makes me smile the most because it's advice my best friend always gave me. And it seems silly but it's absolutely accurate.
5. Who's seen any episodes of Zach Galifianakis' "Between Two Ferns" series on Funny or Die? If you're unfamiliar, he basically sits on the world's most ordinary set, between two Ferns, and awkwardly interviews celebrities.
The Bieber episode is pretty priceless because you're never quite sure if Bieber is in on the joke or not.
He's embarrassed Tobey Maguire, Sean Penn, even President Obama, and it's pretty outstanding. The episode that came out this week with "Bart Pit" (that's Brad Pitt to you and me) had me laughing out loud in the office, looking all kinds of nuts to anyone walking by (my office is all glass).