Oh hey, everyone. What's new?
I've used this .gif about 92 times this week to summarize my feelings about ALL THE THINGS.
However this one also suits me:
It's been a long week -- but a good one. Lots of productivity with the blog, of course, as I'm sure you've noticed. And if not, let's take a brief pause whilst you go catch up....
Was it good for you?
But enough about me. You're all here for my favorite part of the blogging week (some people may think it's Menday, which I enjoy immensely, but I really, really love writing my Friday posts)... Let's get to the highlights:
1. To quote the great prophet, Kanye West, "I MAKE AWESOME DECISIONS." Like following @PupsPorn on Twitter. Oh sure, it's kind of an awkward account name but OMIGOD ALL OF THE PUPPIES!
SO CUTE ~ pic.twitter.com/0bCHCh4Rpg— Puppy Pics (@PupsPorn) April 11, 2014
2. Graham Cracker company, Honeymaid, teaches us all how to be. I cried the first time I watched this.
3. Sara Benincasa is a comedian, writer and radio talk show host. I have enjoyed following her on Twitter for some time and was thankful to catch the tweet promoting this beautiful piece she wrote about being an artist, "Real Artists Have Day Jobs." If you've ever wanted to be anything -- anything at all, just read it. It will make you feel good.
4. Someone posted this Buzzfeed in one of my Facebook groups: "24 Things a PR Person Will Instantly Relate to." When you're reading it, keep these points in mind:
- #1 - I do this multiple times a day.
- #2 - I've never air-kissed anyone and you have my permission to punch me in the junk if I ever do.
- #8 - It's a proud moment every time.
- #20 - YES. SO. MUCH. YES.
- #22 - It's basically like the apocalypse.
5. I've never been to Coachella and I had to look up "Basic Bitch" on UrbanDictionary.com (I guess it's a thing!), but this article from VICE is HILARIOUS: "The Basic Bitches' Guide to Coachella 2014."
They break down some of the bands. An exceprt:
You don’t realize who the hell this band are until they close with that one song that sounds like Tarzan saying “Hey oh, hey oh” over and over again. This song rules! It’s on the radio ALL THE TIME and you never change the station when it comes on because it’s awesome. You sing all of the words with your friends and join a drum circle because its really out of character for you—until you realize everybody is on drugs and you don’t want to mess up your floor-length floral skirt.
6. As a perk of living in my neighborhood, I get to be a "community partner" with Universal Studios. Most of the time, it just means I get to park there for free -- something they do to encourage locals to patronize the theme park and its surrounding shopping area, City Walk. But this week, it also meant I got to preview their newest ride, Minion Mayhem. In fact, they've converted a whole area of the park themed to Despicable Me
You guys. Honestly, I love minions. So much. They're so stinking adorable and funny. So this evening was a trip. I had a blast with my friend Kelly -- not just on the ride, but in the store, on the smaller ride and meeting characters. If you're in LA, take your kids or just go with your adult friends. Brace yourselves for long lines but enjoy it. It's a blast.
We took photos with Gru and some minions, but the girls were the most fun. They played around with us and I couldn't stop giggling:
Also, HOW COOL IS THIS?! They had an "AJ" keychain!!! I totally bought it.
I leave you now with one more brilliant insight from the great prophet Kanye West:
"I hate when I’m on a flight and I wake up with a water bottle next to me like oh great now I gotta be responsible for this water bottle."