I'm in Boston for work and I must tell you, this is one glorious city. I've never been before and while nothing will ever replace New York as my favorite city in the whole world, I can easily see why so many of my friends loved going to college here, love visiting and living here... It's a rather charming city. And I've only even seen a little of it as I've mostly been in meetings.
But more exploring this weekend and I could not be more excited!
Other than visiting a new city, a few more things from the world wide web that made me smile this week are listed yonder...
1. Benedict Cumberbatch is perfect. Thank you, Chris, for posting this:
2. I am a COLOSSAL Ghostbusters fan. I cannot believe it's been 30 years since its theatrical release! If you have even the tiniest affection for this movie, I highly recommend Entertainment Weekly's recent reunion article with the surviving cast members (basically all of them except the late, great Harols Ramis and the almost-completely-retired Rick Moranis).
3. A woman went on vacation and asked her co-worker to watch her plant. And comedy ensued. And then went viral. Click here to see the full story. It's pretty hilarious!
4. Last year, I stood by seething with jealousy over all of my friends who jumped on the Cards Against Humanity "Ten Days of Whatever for Kwanza" gift program. For $15, they send you 10 different, hilarious, amazing, awful, wonderful gifts throughout December. GO DO IT! Sign up now while you still can!
5. Garth Brooks, guys. So... Garth Brooks is one of my all-time favorite artists ever in the history of the entire universe. It's true. He retired from the limelight for a very long time, only ocassionally coming out to do concerts for causes and I was lucky enough a few years ago to attend such a show. And I cried from happiness.
But he's back out on the road again and at a recent concert, he was compelled to stop the show. Watch this video to see why. Prepare for the tears.
You see, his mother and sister both died from Cancer. And a week later, he spent some more time with this amazing women, Teresa Shaw, during an Entertainment Tonight staged reunion.
And a fun fact -- I am banned from YouTube because of Garth Brooks! After I saw Garth in concert that night, I uploaded a 90 second video I took at the show. Back then, I didn't know about copywright infringement or what the rules might be. And even still, everyone does that, right? But Garth is particularly strict about his material and how it's shared so his label took my video down and I got banned from YouTube (Yes, I can still login from one of my alternative email addresses but as Google connects all of their sites, to do so means logging out of Chrome and Gmail and it's a huge pain in the ass). Anyway, I love him regardless and I sure hope this video stays up.
Have a terrific day and a wonderful weekend. Don't get banned from anything. ;)