Today we sing the praises of one of my favorite character actors. You know him as "that guy who's in everything" or if you're a Glee fan, you'll know him at that teacher who wore pastels and the polo sweaters: Stephen Tobolowsky.
Here are his top five roles. Prepare to be like "OH YEAH! I loved that movie!"
5. Dr. Werner Brandes in SNEAKERS
You couldn't forget his name in this movie if you tried -- it's a big part of the heist. Fun fact -- this was the first movie I ever bought on DVD in 1999. Totally underrated, fantastic film.
4. Sammy Jankis in MEMENTO. I can't explain this role without ruining the whole movie. But you should see it because it's brilliant.
3. Dr. Kendrick in THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE. I know. I have a soft spot for this movie. Especially because Ron Livingston plays a character named Gomez. WTF is that about?
2. The Indignant Captain in SPACEBALLS.
1. Ned Ryerson in GROUNDHOG DAY. Because of course.
BONUS: The unaired pilot episode of BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER. He played the school principal, Mr. Flutie! There was also a different actress in the role of Willow! MIND. BLOWN. Of course it's on YouTube.