You know what I keep thinking about? It's Halloween month - HOORAY! I've gotta get my act together and get a costume made. Halloween is just my favorite. It's become even more fun ever since I adopted a "make my own costume" rule. I smile all night in something homemade!
Here are the things making me smile right now:
1. I just bought this sweater. It's soft and comfy and super cute on. Of course, it's ELEVENTY BILLION degrees out here in Los Angeles. We're having the longest-lasting summer in history, so I don't know why I bought a friggin' sweater...
What can I say? I'm dreaming of scarves.
I did not, however, buy this shirt. But I really, really want to...
2. Inspiration is out there, people. I read a lot of amazing blog posts this week. Take a break today and have a look at these. You may want some tissue handy. Just sayin'.
3. This French Bulldog frolicking with... a DEER is precious.
4. Who likes musicals? We all know I do. A lot. And did you know the very first musical I ever saw on Broadway was Miss Saigon? As such, I have quite a soft spot for it and the original cast, which includes Lea Salonga and Simon Bowman (I did not see the original cast but that's the soundtrack I always listen to). The pair recently appeared with other original cast members in a 25th anniversary performance and it. is. spectacular. If you aren't familiar, trust me when I tell you this woman sounds as crystal clear and beautiful as she did in 1989.
5. SNL and "Designing Women" actress Jan Hooks passed away yesterday at just 57. If you have never seen her "Sweeney Sisters" sketch from SNL, I feel sorry for you. It is priceless. It is also fairly hard to find online so my apologies for not having it here.... But she was also the O.G. Hilary, pre-Pohler. Seeing her here with Phil Hartman is especially sad - he was murdered in 1998. But it's also hilarious. Laughter through tears, guys...
I assume she is in a better place now, maybe hanging out with Phil, making everyone up in Heaven laugh their asses off.